Received a gift card?
Please follow these steps to redeem your gift card. Please note that when you redeem your gift card, the first box shipped is the current month's box (i.e. if you redeem it in January, it will start with the January box).
- To start, please follow this link: https://www.birchbox.co.uk/redeem/welcome
- Once you reach this page, you can type in your gift card code and select submit.
- You will to be prompted to either register a new account if you are new to Birchbox, or if you already have an account with us you select to login.
- You will need to provide your contact information, delivery address and email preferences
- You will also have the option to have the subscription continue after the gift months end. This requires a payment card to be added to allow billing to take place in the future. This step can be skipped if you don't want the subscription to continue.
- We will then confirm that the subscription has been successfully redeemed for you!
- Finally, you will also be prompted to complete your Beauty Profile - this is very important as it helps us to personalise your box!
Your first box should arrive with you within 10 working days of redeeming the card. Please allow a little extra buffer time as our courier service may be impacted by Brexit changes or Covid restrictions. After this first box, your remaining boxes will ship as part fo our usual shipping cycle for the duration of your gift subscription!
I'm having issues redeeming the gift card - it won't accept the code.
Please double check the code has been entered correctly, making sure no letters (like 'o' 'i' or 'l') have been entered for numbers (like 0 or 1), and vice versa.
Please also ensure that there are no extra spaces at the end of the code - our system recognises this 'phantom space' as a character and tries to include it when processing the code.
Could the code have already been redeemed to another account on your behalf by the gifter, or on to another Birchbox account you have?
If this doesn't help, please contact the Care Team directly here. Please submit the request under the Issue Type: Gifts > Received a gift card to help us speed up a resolution for you.
I'm having issues redeeming the gift card - or says I already have an account.
If you don't have a second Birchbox account, and haven't already tried to add the code to someone else's account, please contact the Care Team directly here. Please submit the request under the Issue Type: Gifts > Received a gift card to help us speed up a resolution for you!
I have redeemed my gift subscription - which box will my subscription start with?
Your first box will be the current month's box (i.e. if you redeem it in January, it will start with the January box). This is unless you have already received the current month's box through an existing subscription under the same email address. In this case, your subscription will start with next month's box (i.e. if you have already received the January box when you redeemed your gift subscription, the first gifted box will be the February box) and will ship as part of that shipping cycle.
Can I add a promotional code for a free gift or discount when redeeming?
No promotional offers or codes can be added to the redemption of a gift card. These offers are designed to work only with rebillable subscriptions.
Can I submit my sample choice when redeeming?
Sample choice is not available on the first box you receive as part of your gift subscription. From your second box onwards you'll be able to submit your pick before the end of the current month to receive your preferred product in the following month's box. If you're opted into our Marketing emails, we'll email you to remind you to make your pick. Don't worry we'll also share this across our website, and social pages too! You can also always make the pick from your own account once it goes live (usually in the last 10 days of the month) or directly here: https://www.birchbox.co.uk/next-month
What happens when my gift subscription ends?
When your gift is over, you can subscribe if you’d like to keep receiving boxes. If you choose not to, your gift will stop shipping after your last month.